They took the risk so you wouldn’t have to.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pack of Avarelle acne cover patches that’ll zap away zits overnight and help prevent picking, which can lead to scars or even more acne. You literally apply the patch and when you wake up the next morning, *poof* — the sebum is sucked right out.
Promising review: “I’m a skeptic, so I was hesitant on buying these after I saw reviews on BuzzFeed. But, after seeing my teenagers go through embarrassing acne spots, I figured I’d give it a go on myself and them. What’s to lose? I’ll tell ya: Pimples are essentially gone! They’re DRASTICALLY reduced in just a few hours. No lie. These little patches are amazing.” —Wendy
Get a 40-pack from Amazon for $8.49.
2. A Schick Silk touch-up tool you can use to shape your eyebrows, exfoliate skin, and remove peach fuzz.
Promising review: “Oh. My. Gosh. These things actually work…and work well! I was hesitant to order as I already own a few different brands, none of which actually work. These Schick blades are incredible! They immediately clean up any dry skin on my face and the peach fuzz was gone in seconds. A little public service announcement for ya — don’t apply pressure when using. Just let them gently glide at an angle and you won’t be disappointed. Don’t press down and your skin will be smooth and happy. Great buy!” —LH
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $4.99.
3. A pet hair remover that’ll help you keep your furniture clean and clear of all the unwanted fur that’s been building up for weeks (OK, months? YEARS??).
Promising review: “I’ve had the red velvet one-directional hair removers before and I always ended up making a larger mess than I began with. For that reason I was a little hesitant to buy this but did it anyways. I am so glad I did. This thing is amazing and so easy to use that my husband took a whirl. I actually had to beg him to give it back to me haha! It is fun to use and it is truly incredible how much pet hair it removes. Buy it. Worth every penny.” —Lauren Shumacher
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
4. A pack of dishwasher-cleaning tablets because, yes, your dishwasher does need to be cleaned occasionally despite the fact that its literal job is to wash the things you put inside it.
These tablets are designed to penetrate, dissolve, and remove odor-causing residue that accumulates inside your dishwasher over time, as well as remove lime and mineral buildup. Using Affresh tablets once a month can prolong the life of your dishwasher and make it more effective at doing its job: cleaning your dishes.
Promising review: “I have been hesitant about purchasing these types of products for the dishwasher and disposal cleaner concerned about price (over $6.75) and its need; but I am pleasantly surprised that it does what it is supposed to do and I will continue to use the product as and when required.” —sylvia ogrodzinski
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $5.99.
5. And! A pack of washing machine–cleaning tablets because, uh, have you ever cleaned the inside of your washing machine?? Didn’t think so.
OK but HOW did that come out of a washing machine!?
Promising review: “I was hesitant to buy this product. But I decided to try it anyway, and it worked wonders on my washer! After one wash, my washer had no smell! My washer is less than a year old, so there wasn’t any residue to clean after using this product. So it probably leaves residue if your washer is older and hasn’t been deep cleaned in a long time. Definitely would rebuy this product!” —JoJo
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $11.98.
6. A jewelry-cleaning pen — it’s basically just like coloring your jewelry while actually getting all the nasty stuff off of it.
Promising review: “I was hesitating to try this because I already have a jewelry cleaner that I use…but the reviews on this were just glowing and I liked the flexibility of a little pen… WOW! That’s what I am saying. This stuff is awesome! I followed the instructions (which are very easy…apply gel, rub all around on jewelry piece, rinse off) and I was shocked by the results! It really did do a fabulous and FAST job of getting rid of all the daily wear and tear that my rings go through on a daily basis. Mind you, I’m gentle with my rings… I don’t sleep with them, wear in the shower, etc. Just normal daily wear. Just try it!” —WhitDowden829
Get it from Amazon for $7.12.
7. A jar of SolarOil nail-and-cuticle care infused with jojoba oil and vitamin E that’ll have you looking like you’re ALWAYS rocking a fresh mani. 💅
Promising review: “I was hesitant at first but, I bought this, used it religiously for two to three weeks, starting early November, and saw INCREDIBLE growth and strength in my nails. They didn’t peel or chip. Before, when I’d grow them out, the sides would be weak and I’d end up biting them off. But not with this stuff!! I SWEAR by this product. My nails are long, strong, and healthy to this day (it’s been over two months)!! No chipping, peeling, or breakage!! Take it from me as an almost life long (25+ years) nail biter — THIS PRODUCT WORKS!!!!” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $8.50.
8. Some Miracle-Gro plant food spikes so you don’t have to buy new houseplants every spring because you continue to fail as a plant parent. These are foolproof and literally feed your plants for you.
Promising review: “I was skeptical that this would work, thinking all my houseplants need are sunshine and water, but right after adding these to the soil my pothos plant perked up!” —Anna Renee
Get a 24-pack from Amazon for $2.98+ (available in a 24- or 48-pack).
9. A dryer lint brush, because even though you clean out the lint trap *every* time, there’s likely SO much more hiding in your dryer gap and exhaust port. This tool makes it easy to get all that yuckiness out, and will leave you feeling like your clothes are extra clean the next time you dry a load.
Promising review: “I have a dryer with the lint trap on the top, so I was hesitant to purchase this product in case it didn’t work as well. It ended up working perfectly! I will be using this product often so I’m glad it came with two.” —LoveThatLiz
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $7.95.
10. A toilet bowl ring remover so you can stop gagging every time you go to use it.
Promising review: “This is quite possibly the most amazing item. This has by far exceeded my expectations and the results were almost instant. It started immediately taking away the thick, toughest ‘yuck’ from the toilet bowl. I feel a little foolish that I hesitated for a few weeks buying this, but it is amazing and by far worth every penny. It literally looks like a brand-new toilet bowl, no joke.” —Valerie
Get it from Amazon for $11.27.
11. A detangling brush that’ll glide right through even the most stubborn coils.
Promising review: “Detangling and distributing: I bought this with some hesitation. But I was beyond pleasantly surprised. This brush is flexible so your curls don’t get pulled and break. I also used it to distribute my hair products before styling with my denman brush. My curls came out better than ever.” —Kikiricat
Get it from Amazon for $5.99 (available in four colors).
12. A silverware sorter that fits a full 48-piece cutlery set but takes up HALF the space of a traditional organizer, freeing up so much extra storage in a drawer you never thought you could get back.
Promising review: “I was skeptical given the design, but let me tell you how much I LOVE this. Yes, it takes some time to get used to, but it is so much better than the standard silverware trays. It takes up less room, and allows me to organize the drawer much more efficiently!” —Melissa
Get it on Amazon for $11.99 (available in two colors).
13. A bottle of Lash Princess mascara if you want the false-eyelash effect, but aren’t in the mood to go through the hassle of actually applying them.
Promising review: “My favorite mascara! I was hesitant about buying it because I had never heard of it before but there were so many good reviews that I did it. I opened the package and it had a thin wand so I thought I wouldn’t like it because I don’t care for other mascaras with similar wands. However, this product is so thick and sticks to your lashes amazing and gives you great volume! It’s quick to use, I don’t feel like I have to reapply three or four times. I’m absolutely in love and can’t see myself buying any others anymore, especially at the low price point of this.” —Alex Boyd
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
14. A clay mask which, last I checked, had an impressive 43,000+ five-star reviews on Amazon. Its deep-cleansing formula is great for everything from facials to body wraps to foot soaks, and’ll have your skin feeling renewed in just a matter of minutes.
^^ This reviewer even swears by the mask to condition their 4c hair!
Promising review: “Wow. First, let me tell you this is amazing. It exceeded my expectation in almost every way. Even my husband who was hesitant to put it on for even two minutes is raving about how smooth his skin feels. I did half water and half apple cider vinegar and it worked fabulously. 11/10 would buy 309 times over.” —Gary Clubb
Get it from Amazon for $14.95.
15. A genius cat toy guaranteed to keep your little feline entertained for HOURS. It’s good to treat ourselves, but it’s even MORE important to treat our pets.
Promising review: “I hesitated to order this since my cats just don’t like any toy I get for them. But after reading lots of reviews from cat owners with similar problems, I thought, why not, it’s cheap. Both of my cats lost their minds with this toy!! They love it, even my shy older guy! I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play like he does with this one. Buy it!!” —Thomas H.
Get it from Amazon for $2.95.
16. A pack of cleaning tablets to make washing your bottles and tumblers less of a headache. If you’re the person who just “rinses out” their reusable bottles with more water, then they’re probably full of bacteria and grime. 🤮
Promising review: “I hesitated buying this for a while because it seemed pricey. I’m so glad I finally caved. Last night I cleaned my Hydro Flasks, which I clean all the time with a bottle brush. Wow, they’re so shiny and new on the inside now! I drink tea a lot out of them and they were pretty stained…even using that bottle brush. BUT — the real magic was using it in my teapot. I can’t even tell you what came out of there. It’s hard to clean a teapot and we have a really great one that gets used a lot to make pots of black tea. We rinse it a lot and use the old bottle brush or sponge inside but after 30 minutes with that tablet — I went to wipe out the inside with a paper towel and it had loosened all sorts of grime. It was super disgusting but so amazing. I followed what everyone else said and used hot water and let it sit for a good 30 minutes. WELL WORTH IT!!!” —Jennifer
Get a 12-pack from Amazon for $8.
17. A pack of sheet suspender straps to keep your sheets pulled nice and tight so you don’t have to waste extra time straightening them out in the morning.
Promising review: “I bought this for my bed as the sheets would come off every month or so. This annoyed me to an extent, and I was hesitant to buy something like this, but I forked over the money because it was worth my sanity. This product WORKS and I cannot stress this enough. Taking it off is as easy as putting it on. I never have to worry about my sheets coming off ever again.” —Fabian F.
Get them from Amazon for $9.96.
18. A bottle of Leather Honey you can use to restore that dingy sofa you just snagged on Facebook Marketplace. All you need is a scrubbing brush and a little elbow grease for the honey to work its magic. 🍯
Promising review: “I was a little hesitant about purchasing this because I wasn’t sure I would get the results I was hoping to have. However, I am so glad that I did because my cream couch is finally looking clean and back to the way it was when I purchased it two years ago. If any of you have a light-colored leather couch and have kids and dogs at your house you know how quickly that cream color can get dark — now I don’t have to worry because it’s as easy as applying, scrubbing, and wiping away.” —A. Castilliano
Get it from Amazon for $18.95.
19. A cult-favorite Cerave moisturizing cream reviewers swear by for nourishing their face, body, *and* feet. It’s formulated with hyaluronic acid and ceramides to lock in moisture and reduce skin irritation.
^^This reviewer’s eczema drastically improved after using the cream, noting that the cream made their skin “less patchy and dry.”
Promising review: “This is perfect for people who break out easily with lotions! As someone with easily irritated and dry skin, I was hesitant at first with this product, but boy was I wrong! My skin is finally soft and smooth! Another thing I loved about this product is that it doesn’t leave your skin oily like other creams!” —Jazmin Hernandez
Get it from Amazon for $15.28.
20. A pack of wart remover pads, because you’ve tried EVERYTHING else to get that pesky little growth off your person and are running out of options. These might just do the trick.
Promising review: “I am a true skeptic when it comes to products that seem too good to be true so I was extremely shocked with how incredibly well this worked. I had a wart on my finger that I had used it on. Despite being rooted in my finger pretty well, it did come loose. It seemed not all of it did though so I didn’t think it was going to work but with patience, it completely went away and has stayed away for over six months now. You would never know it had even been there in the first place. Seriously, buy this if you’re thinking about it. It’s amazing!” —Danielle S.
Get a 14-pack from Amazon for $6.96.
21. A mattress protector that’s hypoallergenic AND waterproof! It’ll prevent any fluids or allergens from ruining your mattress *without* changing the feel or being super noisy.
Promising review: “We’ve had no problems with feeling too warm or sweaty sleeping with this cover on our mattress. I was hesitant about trying this but after reading the reviews decided to give it a try. When our grandchildren were young we tried a waterproof cover so we wouldn’t have to worry about accidents. We couldn’t stand having it on our bed. It was awful. But this is totally different. We bought this because we have two little dogs that are getting old and we worried about damage to our mattress, since they sleep with us. Bless their hearts! No more worries about that happening now. Thanks for a great product!” —thesetwo
Get it from Amazon for $24.95+ (available in twin–Cal king).
22. A cult-favorite BB cream specifically formulated to smooth out your complexion *without* needing to use foundation.
Promising review: “I have pretty fair skin and I was hesitant to purchase this product. But I’m really pleased with it. It covers my redness beautifully, the consistency is smooth, and it feels good on my skin. I don’t really wear makeup, so I use this and then smooth on a little Fair/Light BB cream. It looks natural and lasts all day.” —Bouvier Mom
Get it from Amazon for $7.79 (available in three shades).
23. An all-natural tub-and-tile cleaner to banish the soap scum and mildew that refuses to leave your shower. It’ll also leave your bathroom smelling like tea tree and eucalyptus, rather than a bunch of chemicals.
Promising review: “I hesitated to purchase this product as I had never heard of it before. I’m glad I did though. It is wonderful! It cleaned the soap scum right off of my shower, doors & all. I also used it in the toilet and sink. I’ve not yet done the floors but I will. I will definitely order this again.” —Granny Bee
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $12.99.
24. A posture corrector, especially since WFH has us typing on our laptops in all kinds of funky positions.
Promising review: “I was a bit hesitant to buy this but ended up ordering this brace, but I quite like it. The best part is the I can wear under a T-shirt and no one would notice. I wore this when I went for a hike yesterday and it felt comfortable and quite good.” —Chhavi A.
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
25. A bottle-emptying kit so you can get every last drop out of your cosmetic and personal care items *before* breaking down and forking over a small fortune to replace them.
The kit comes with small, medium, large, and extra-large attachments so you should be able to use it with any bottle in your house.
Promising review: “I hesitated to purchase this, but I struggle with getting out my shampoo when it’s near the bottom of the bottle, beyond where the pump stem reaches. I thought I’d give this thingy a try and return it if it disappoints me. But it works! It didn’t leak. My shampoo bottle is a stiff plastic but it slightly squeezes just enough to do the trick! I’m happy with this purchase.” —RRS
Get it from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in packs of two, four, and six).
26. A foot file that”ll shave away unsightly calluses and have your feet baby soft in no time.
Promising review: “I was hesitant to buy because I have purchased things like this and they haven’t worked… I hate socks and I love being barefoot so my feet were terrible … I am part of a mom group on Facebook and someone posted before and after pictures and I said hey why not … it’s better than going to the salon and being embarrassed by my feet … it took five minutes … I soaked my feet in the tub and scrubbed away and everything came off!! I now use this twice a week and my feet are perfect.” —Kelsie
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
27. An upholstery stain extractor that’ll restore your car seats once and for all. That iced coffee you spilled last week? Don’t sweat it. This spray will come to your rescue.
It works great on carpet, too!
Promising review: “Seriously…you need to just buy this. The result was just from one treatment of scrubbing with a brush I bought from Dollar Tree. These stains were left by the kiddos over the course of four years. I plan on giving it another scrub and hopefully all the stains will lift. I did not dilute the formula as much but the next round I will since the stains are pretty much lifted.” —Anyalie
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in three sizes).
Looking for the perfect gift for any occasion? Check out all of BuzzFeed’s gift guides!
Need A Shopping Buddy?
Get great products – from pros in the fine art of buying stuff online – delivered to your inbox!